Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The Process Begins on Improving the KDP Titles

This morning I finished "Magic and Witchcraft" and it is processing, but I figured I'd do a bit more and moved all five herbal titles to KDP (for ebook sales)- as always I don't really care much about ebooks because I prefer physical copies, but people keep asking me for digital versions of my releases so I figure I might as well have a full ebook catalog too.

Which brings me to the happy news of the day; I am fully aware that a few of the titles I have aren't properly processed there for sale as ebooks; when I released the first slew of digital releases I relied on Createspace to properly convert existing files and, of course, was let down; CS is great for paperbacks but has severe issues when it comes to processing uploaded files for release as ebooks; several titles were nothing more than the cover and one page of text, or four pages of badly formatted and massively cropped illustrations. I have to go back through and manually re-upload pdfs of each title to make sure they're all in proper working order since CS can't apparently handle it on their end; that means weeks more effort. I manually submitted the files for the five herbals so at least that category will be in proper format with no issues (I hope.) I'll get to work tomorrow with the four folk works, then after that spend a week or so on the rest and do as much as I can while also releasing the next herbal title.

1 comment:

  1. It's been 3 days since the last Minecraft episode. I'm literally shaking right now. I need my Minecraft, Tarl. I need it right now!! I want to see your glorious empire rise and conquer the endless zombie swarm. I want to see you harvest your bountiful crop. We must have it! Give us our Minecraft! ;)

    ReplyDelete