Saturday, February 3, 2018

February 2018 Editing Update!

I am pleased to announce that at this time, the illustrations for my upcoming edition of the Ars Goetia have been completed by the artist (Rita Metzner, who has previously illustrated a couple of herbals for me.) The work is good and so far the formatting is going smoothly; the final edition should be a fairly standard length, perhaps a bit longer than some editions because I choose not to compress images to two-to-a-page so the finer lines are more easily legible. I expect to complete and release it this month; but it must be carefully done, because this is the ultimate big daddy of grimoires and will eventually be combined with the three other (authentic) works of the Lesser Keys in an edition of that as well.

I am also more than 80 pages into the Rosicrucian text I began editing in January; work has been slower since the beginning of chapter four, since now all remaining text is taken from other sources and compiled in this particular work by its author (read; it is in older English than the first two chapters with frequent quotations which are sometimes not entirely proper in format and must be reworked.)

Assuming both works are done before this month ends it will be time for a couple more herbal works I feel, and then work must begin on re-illustrating a half dozen prior editions.

No comments:

Post a Comment