Sunday, June 10, 2018

My Next Literary Projects

Now that Createspace has stymied my attempt at revamping and improving my older releases by temporarily suspending my account and shutting me out for a week based on their own systems' error regarding copyright status, it's time to move on to a pair of new literary projects. I've already emailed them regarding my suppressed titles but I haven't gotten a response yet so it's even odds as to whether they respond at all at this point. I heard at least a rumor that Amazons' new KDP-to-paperback system (currently in beta) is meant to replace CS altogether in due time, which might explain all these issues.

The first project is an extension of the former one and involves re-editing and reworking some of my own self-titled works like "Psychedelic Spirituality" and "After the Ashes." In some cases this will involve adding new material to them; I have a few extra sections in mind for both of those. Five of my earlier booklets were already improved last year so the list of works is about a half dozen.

I am excited to announce that the culmination of this work will likely bring forth a slew of new works of my own authorship also; Morbid Stories II and a couple of booklets I wanted to release on political topics.

The second is to persist at my editing project using some other service for the next fifty works. Since I might end up losing several thousand dollars a month in income for no actual legitimate reason if I load anything else onto CS, there's no reason for me to put anything there that I am not specifically the author of whether or not I can prove its status since it is no longer immediately clear that I have a line of communication with their service to begin with. They even changed their site so you could only access their help page if you were logged in (forcing me to register a second account just to grab the number.)

If any of my readers here happen to know of any createspace-esque on demand publishing sites that do not require any form of fee and merely take a cut of the profits, I'd be interested in seeing them; I relied on CS so much that I never really considered alternatives.

4 comments:

  1. alternativeto . net lists some potential options. Best of luck. I just ordered a few more of your paperback books today: unicorns, dragons and halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE WRITE ABOUT MEDIA AND JOURNALISM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not edit for the new Kindle-to-CreateSpace for content delivery? There may be a reason of which I'm unaware because I have only edited and uploaded public domain books. Best wishes from a long-time utube fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever written about the Codex Gigas?

    ReplyDelete